Natalia is a 14 year old exceptional athlete that has been at Champion’s Quest for only 4 short months. Her performance is moving at record pace on land and in the pool. Natalia is an outstanding swimmer, student and person. She exhibits confidence, gives respect to all coaches, fellow athletes and friends at Champion’s Quest.
I asked her Dad what is Natalia’s strongest quality and he responded with a smile and an answer that I had never heard before during my coaching my experience. He replied her ability to have very strong time management skills. This time management quality is an invaluable asset especially at such a young age.
Natalia applies this skill at The Oxford Academy in Cerritos. This school provides a highly competitive academic environment where she is challenged each and everyday. She takes multiple high level courses, studies for hours daily, while still making time to do her dry land training and complete chores at home. You would think,she has no extra time at all for anything else. But, she takes a deep breadth, smiles and then she does what she loves to do, and that is, getting in the swimming pool.
Natalia’s hard work is truly paying off and it was on full display at the Junior Olympics Competition in Arizona. She posted personal best in all of her swimming events:
– 200 meter freestyle: seed time 2:16.76 (dropped 0:03.39) final time 2:13.37
– 400 meter freestyle: seed time 4:44.63 (dropped 0:01.13) final time 4:43.50
– 100 meter butterfly: seed time 1:07.3 (dropped 0:01.34) final time 105.96 1st place
– 200 meter butterfly: seed time 2:29.74 (dropped 0:03.38) final time 2:26.36
– 200 meter individual medley: seed time 2:33.58 (dropped 0:02.70) final time 2:30.88
– 400 meter individual medley: seed time 5:23.87 (dropped 0:07.13) final time 5:16.74. Keep up the great work in school, keep training and pursuing greatness in the pool.
Congratulations and we are proud of you at Champion’s Quest!!!
Coach Reggie Ward
Assistant Athletic Director
Champion’s Quest Athlete Academy